Lacquer & Eggshell Bowl | Marbled | Large
You'd be forgiven for thinking that this lacquer bowl was made of marble. The crushed duck eggs are mesmerising. These beautiful decorative lacquer bowls are handmade in Burma in a family workshop. Up to 20 layers of raw lacquer sap are applied to a bamboo frame, with each layer taking 8 days to air dry. Tiny pieces of eggshell are then hand laid, before smoothing and finishing; every piece takes about three months to make. Comes in one other design with a shattered rather than marbled effect.
38cm diameter, 8cm high
- Decorative lacquer bowl with eggshell inlay
- Marble effect pattern
- Available in two sizes and two designs (Shattered and Marbled finish)
- Use on a side board or hall table, or for food which won't leave a stain
- Wipe clean with warm water and a mild detergent before drying thoroughly
- Handmade in a family workshop in Bagan, Burma
Delivery & Returns
Mainland UK Standard Shipping (3-5 Working Days):
- Orders over £50 - FREE
- Small Sized Delivery - £4.95
- Large Sized Delivery - £6.95
- Extra Large Sized Delivery - £9.00
Next Working Day, Saturday and International Delivery are available at additional cost. These are calculated at checkout.
We hope you will be happy with your order, but if for any reason you are not and would like a refund or exchange, please return it to us within 28 days of receipt in an unused condition.
See our Shipping & Returns page for more details.