WONKY Lacquer & Eggshell Bowl | Shattered | Small
£ 50.00 £ 120.00
This is a total tragedy: this incredible work of art was dropped on a magazine photoshoot and now has a chip in the lacquer on one edge. We're really hoping somebody will give it a happy home, as it was months in the making. If you turn the chip towards the back of your console or hall table, you'll barely notice it.
The striking black and white mosaic design on this bowl is made from tiny pieces of duck egg shell. Made in an old family workshop in Bagan, these decorative lacquer bowls are made of up to 20 layers of raw lacquer sap. The lacquer is layered onto a bamboo frame, with each layer taking 8 days to air dry. The eggshell pieces are then hand-laid, before smoothing and finishing; every piece takes about three months to make. Also available in a soft marbled finish.
30cm diameter, 6.5cm high
- Decorative lacquer bowl with eggshell inlay
- Mosaic design
- Available in two sizes and two designs (Shattered and Marbled finish)
- For decorative use on a hall table or side board, or for food which won't leave a stain
- Wipe clean with warm water and a mild detergent before drying thoroughly
- Made by hand in an old family workshop in Bagan, Burma
Delivery & Returns
Mainland UK Standard Shipping (3-5 Working Days):
- Orders over £50 - FREE
- Small Sized Delivery - £4.95
- Large Sized Delivery - £6.95
- Extra Large Sized Delivery - £9.00
Next Working Day, Saturday and International Delivery are available at additional cost. These are calculated at checkout.
We hope you will be happy with your order, but if for any reason you are not and would like a refund or exchange, please return it to us within 28 days of receipt in an unused condition.
See our Shipping & Returns page for more details.